I came across a method of defining my curls recently, and because I enjoyed the results, I thought I’d share it with you. It goes by many names, but I will refer to it as the sponge coil method.
As you can see from the picture above, this method gives my hair great texture and definition. It is easy to do and presentable for any occasion.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Sponge with holes, like the one pictured above.
- Your favorite styling gel or curling pudding. Here I used Taliah Waajid Curl Sealer
- Hair oil such as argan oil or black castor oil
- Finishing spray (optional) To add shine and conditioner, I used the Taliah Waajid Hydrating Curl Shine
All products featured in the image above are available at iDa!
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS:
- Apply the hair oil and styling gel to you hair. make sure to give it an even distribution
- Use sponge and go in a circular motion around your head. Make sure you rotate sponge in one direction only, or you might unravel the coils you create
- Once you have achieved the coils you desire, you can finish the look with a finishing mist (optional)
This method of styling takes no more than 5 minutes! Below I’ve included a video I believe will be very helpful if you want to give this method a try.
This video demonstrates how to create sponge coils and what the hair looks like after styling
Give it a try, and you can give me a feedback by leaving a comment below.
Video courtesy of FueshaSpeaks